Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ha5mvo

Newbie Question - Autothrottle

4 posts in this topic

What is the function of the mode selector at the top of the AT complex?

Couldn't find any reference to it in the manual. It seems to have several modes - off, NVU, VOR1, VOR2, and POS(??).

Also, The way I understand it, there is no way to preset an altitiude. One just needs to watch it and level off at the desired altitude - am I correct?

Thanks,

Michael

off, NVU, VOR1, VOR2, and POS - PNP Copilot Mode

POS -> POSADKA -> Approach

What is the function of the mode selector at the top of the AT complex?

Couldn't find any reference to it in the manual. It seems to have several modes - off, NVU, VOR1, VOR2, and POS(??).

Also, The way I understand it, there is no way to preset an altitiude. One just needs to watch it and level off at the desired altitude - am I correct?

Thanks,

Michael

Yes, there is no altitude preset. Just push H button at the desired altitude, only your rate of climb/descent must not be more than 5 m per second.

If you have any questions, write

denokan @ mail.ru (without spaces:) )

Denoken, Tendercat,

Thanks for the answers,

ok, understood the function of that switch on the AT :)

One more thing, I'm REALLY confused with the right way to insert a flightplan into the NVU, especially I have a problem with magnetic variation.

Today I made an attempt to fly LGAV-LOWW.

made a flightplan (FSBuild), imported into the NVUCalculator, added the magvetic variation for EACH waypoint.

Hit "calculate" and export to channel 2

on the panel using shft+8, I read file #2, hit "enter - bbod" press auto for both latitude adjustment and waypoint change.

Result - the aircraft is WAY off track.

Its not that it is flying the other way....:)) but it has a good 30-40 Km deviation to the right.

Where did I go wrong??

I will be bold and pose yet another question.... ;)

what is the right way to use the km-5 (shift+6) instrument?

hope that's not too many questions, obviously I'm not too familiar with the russian philosophy of navigation instrumentation....but I find it really interesting

Thank you guys for all your help

//Michael